Programming Pokepaste image fix

Pokepastefix - an extension to replace missing images

I wrote up a chrome extension to fix the missing DLC pokemon images on https://pokepast.es/. It looks through every pokemon's name in a paste, if a match is found, the image is replaced with a working URL. I'm not sure when pokepaste will fix their own image hosting but for now this works. If there are any bugs, or something is broken, let me know, probably won't take too long to fix.

Install

Source Code

Example
1703375923500.png
 
Last edited:

Runo

Almost time to rest
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Just tested this and it works nicely, I love seeing Overqwil and Hisuian Gooda finally being visible on my pastes. There has been a long time issue with pokepaste where Zygarde-10%, Zygarde-Complete, Sirfetch'd, and Ash Greninja don't show up. Would it be possible to fix this as well?

edit: i should clarify that Sirfetch'd doesnt work due to an apostrophe error (ps! is one style, while pokepaste is another, thus conflicting)
 
Last edited:
I saw an issue with the combination of the Raging Bolt Image and the Google Spreadsheets - it will just not read the Raging Bolt image. Maybe theres also an easy fix. I wanted to mention that because i used the Paste into my Spreadsheet and it loads all other Sprites besides the Raging Bolt.
Its shown in the Paste ! But does not work into spreadsheet , as example Ogerpon or Walking Wake works completly fine.

Thanks for this Fix , its super helpful.

Happy New Year to you as well :)

-Skully
 
I've been trying to write a Safari version of the extension but I've hit a wall. The Content Security Policy won't let the extension load images from an external source. This is due to the fact that Safari hard enforces the CSP while Chrome and Firefox don't.

This is what I found in the response header on pokepast.es.
Code:
Content-Security-Policy: 
default-src 'none'; font-src 'self'; img-src 'self'; script-src 'self'; style-src 'self'; base-uri 'none'; form-action 'self'; frame-ancestors 'none'
The problem is "img-src 'self';" Allowing images only from the source to be loaded in. I'm not sure if there is a way to get around this issue.

Anyone got any ideas? Would be nice to have a Safari extension, personally I play showdown on my phone fairly frequently and that is the browser I use. Seems like the pokebin idea is exactly what we need for the future though, so I'm glad that project is underway. I'll keep maintaining this extension as long as pokepast.es is what the community uses or it gets fixed.
 
I wrote up a version of the extension that automatically redirects pokepast.es links to pokebin.com. This solution was intended for Safari users. I wanted to upload this software to the apple app/extension store, however to become an official Apple developer you need to pay $120 a year. I really don't want to pay this price year round for like 10 people to have an extension on Safari when that browser sucks anyway. I don't plan to make any other apps for iOS/MacOS at the moment either. So, sorry about that Apple users (myself included). If any of you are really interested I could teach you how to load the extension in developer mode using xcode but I don't think that's a good solution.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

Top